Over years of showing cattle many lessons are learned. You learn how to win with grace and lose
with dignity. Livestock kids learn the value of hard work and the importance of rising early to care for your animals. Learning is all part of the process and your livestock have some things to learn too. You work with your animals and train them to behave. You teach them how to captivate the judge and dominate the ring. Have you ever considered what your cows could teach you?
12 Things We Can Learn from Our Cattle
1. The day starts best when you wake up in a good Mooood.
2. On a hot day cool off in the shade.
3. If you’ve got too much hairspray, just use a little Hocus Pocus!
4. When you think you can’t reach the goal, just reach a little further.
5. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
6. Slow and steady always wins, don’t get flustered.
8. Stand proud and don’t forget to show off your best assets.
9. Don’t be a coward.
10. Everyone deserves to rest after a long day.
11. When traveling long distances hydration is key so don’t forget the water breaks!
12. Don’t cry over spilled milk.
My experience showing livestock was very rewarding. What have you learned from your experiences in the ring? Do you have anything to add to this list? If so share it in the comments section below.