We are seeking candidates for a marketing / administrative personal assistant to help with day to day activities of four family-owned businesses. Position to begin late December 2021 or January 2021. This is a fast paced job with about 50% office work and the remaining 50% “on the go” whether it be organizing events at the ranch, customer service, or beef-related tasks.
LOCATION: Wharton, Texas.
HOURS: This is a full time position.
SALARY: $12/hour or commensurate with experience and education levels. Mileage is reimbursed at the state rate. Eligible for benefits / paid vacation after a probationary period.
- Manage the overall customer service and assist with marketing of four family owned brands: Ranch House Designs, Inc., (agricultural marketing agency) BR Cutrer, Inc (cattle ranch), Brahman Country Beef / FitBeef (Farm to table beef brand); Brahman Country Genetics (global cattle genetics company).
- Extreme customer service, including responding to customers usually within 4 business hours or less.
Ranch House Designs Responsibilities:
- Listen in on sales calls, attend sales meetings if needed, to assist CEO with project estimates and quoting
- Maintain current list of sales prospects (Google Sheets)
- Maintain / update company email list
- Serve as event manager for special events (i.e.. Workshops. Field days, American Rancher episodes, etc.)
Brahman Country Beef
- Travel from Wharton to Boling 2-3 times a week to transport beef from storage to retail freezers
- Travel to LaGrange 2x a month using personal vehicle to pick up beef (mileage is reimbursed)
- Deliver beef weekly to restaurant vendors in Wharton County
- Help prepare for Farmers Markets (making letter boards, loading bags, etc)
- Assemble beef orders that will be shipped
- Drive beef orders to Radio Shack for delivery (approximately 2 times a week)
- Work Farmers Markets (occasional weekends)
- Develop social media content for Brahman Country Beef and FitBeef on Facebook and Instagram
- Develop new markets / partnerships for beef brand
- Oversee beef delivery inventory every two weeks (unpacking and counting beef product).
- Coordinate 2 Farm to Table dinners (spring and fall)
BR Cutrer Ranch
- Travel from Wharton to Boling 3-4 times a week to prepare office for special VIP guests, keep brochures and swag in stock
- Weekly Instacart ordering of drinks and snacks for the ranch office
- Manage ranch merchandise and promotional items
- Working with media images like pulling raw images and video files off a camera card, basic editing in Photoshop such as file re-naming, cropping and downsizing for web.
- Select and order promotional items (caps/shirts/koozies/etc) for brand
- Manage client gifting program
- Respond weekly to requests for catalogs and information (by mail)
- Coordinate ranch marketing / promotional materials for 2 major livestock shows
- Help with hosting special events and visitors at the ranch (usually 2-3 a week)
Brahman Country Genetics
- Maintain spreadsheets of item inventory
- Print Shopify orders
- Enter sales receipts into Quickbooks Online
- Daily releases and fulfillment of customer orders (done via email)
- Coordinate logistics of shipping items (email / spreadsheet skills)
- Maintain postal mailing lists (spreadsheet skills)
- Monitor and respond to social media messages
- Create social media content for brand
Administrative Assistant Duties
- Monitor and respond to social media messages
- Conduct a weekly inventory of items for sale in the office (caps, shirts)
- Go to grocery store OR do curbside / Instacart to keep kitchen / restroom / office supplies in stock
- Keep office tidy and prepare office for meetings and visitors (i.e. coffee, snacks, etc)
- Water plants outside
- Carry out trash to curb once a week
- Filing paperwork
- Keeping office equipment stocked with paper
- Pick up dry cleaning once a week
- Dropping off business paperwork around Wharton (i.e. bank, insurance, etc)
- Manage business automobile fleet and maintenance (oil changes, gas, inspection sticker renewals)
- Ordering items online and processing online order returns
- Filling out and scanning forms, contracts and documents
- Helping with organizing kids activities and schedules
- Organizing and ordering lunches or food delivery for meetings approximately 1-2 times a month
- Drivers license and willing to use your personal vehicle for in town errands
- Ability to lift up to 30 to 40 pounds (boxed beef)
- Multi-tasker, fast paced, able to solve problems and think on your feet
- Good at texting and email
- Open to being versatile in your daily activities (One day may be at the ranch, another day at the office, another day on a client visit)
- Self starter who can execute responsibilities with little to no supervision
- Time management skills – able to prioritize tasks.
- Quick learner, who is willing to “Google” and “youTube” to find solutions to problems.
- Writing skills, specifically skilled at writing customer service responses, and general letters.
- Creative and willing to help suggest new ideas for sales and marketing
- Able to solve problems and think on your feet
REQUIRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Google Docs / Sheets (similar to Word/Excel)
- Mac computer
- Competent in web browsers and Google
- Calendar (Apple Calendar / iPhone Calendar)
PREFERRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Quickbooks Online
- Preference given to applicants with B.S, or associate degree. High school diploma required.
- Prefer at least two years of practical experience in a professional office environment
- Familiarity with agriculture, cattle ranching, or farm to table business preferred
- We are a fast paced, multi-tasking office that works with numerous clients and projects simultaneously.
- Most of our communication is email or text based so proficiency in both of these is required.
- Team members are given quarterly sales / project benchmarks and are expected to complete them on or ahead of schedule.
- Learn more about our brands here:
POSITION SUCCESS EVALUATION:
The successful candidate will be measured by the following metrics:
- Ability to use spreadsheets
- Customer service metrics / happy customers / professionalism
- Speed and efficiency of customer service
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.