In light of the COVID extreme challenges; we have developed this new “Virtual Jackpot Show” to brighten our youth exhibitors day and make a fun event for the stock show world!
Virtual Jackpot Breeding Beef Heifer Show
Click here to enter!!!
Open to exhibitors age 8 to 21.
No entry fee!
Nationwide / worldwide virtual jackpot! Let’s have some fun!
Entries open for USA, Canada, Australia, etc.
Classes: Heifers only.
Class 1: September 1, 2019 – October 31, 2019
Class 2: May 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019
Class 3: January 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019
Class 4: September 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018
Class 5: May 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018
Class 6: January 1, 2018 – April 30, 2018
Class 7: September 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
ARB / ABC
*Texas Longhorn – NEW BREED ADDED
*Dexter – NEW BREED ADDED
Hereford / Polled Hereford
*ShorthornPlus – NEW BREED ADDED
AOB / ORB
*Mainetainer – NEW BREED ADDED
Commercial Heifers (Not Registered)
If we have 5 entries submitted for a breed other than those listed above, a new breed class will be created.
*Breed judges will be announced as they are confirmed.
ARB / ABC: Dakota Smith, Louisiana
Brahman – Grey: Kolten Thigpen, Texas
Brahman – Red: Paul Maulsby, Texas
Beefmaster: Stuart Watkins, Texas
Brangus: Brandon Cutrer, Texas
Red Brangus: Derrick Smith, Texas
Santa Gertrudis: Clayton Bridges, Texas
Simbrah: Kelvin Moreno, Texas
Texas Longhorn: TBA
Dexter: Jeff Thayne, Texas
Angus: Keaton Dodd, Texas
Hereford/Polled Hereford: Ashley Judge, Colorado
Mini Hereford: Morgan Thomas, Texas
Red Angus: Jake Scott, Nebraska
Shorthorn: Brady Jensen, South Dakota
ShorthornPlus: Brandon Callis, Oklahoma
AOB: Colby Cummings, Oklahoma
Charolais: Jim Dismukes, Oklahoma
Chianina: Kylie Patterson, Texas
Limousin: Jimmy Linthicum and Cheryl Linthicum, Oklahoma
Maine-Anjou: Amanda Schnoor, California
MaineTainer: Matt Hueber, Illinois
Simmental: Matt and Brandi Karish, Mississippi
- This is a virtual show. No fit.
- Heifers will be judged on a 30-second video. Please show the full animal, side, rear, front view, and feet on a flat surface.
- The video should be taken between March 23 and March 31. Cell phone videos are preferred.
- The exhibitor should treat the photo as if it were a real show. Use a show halter. Dress in show clothing.
Entries must be submitted by web form. There is no entry fee. This “show” is a goodwill show to foster positivity in the show world while many shows have been cancelled. The show awards and all expenses are donated by Ranch House. All judges are donating their time to judge. Entries due March 31, 2020 by midnight.
Judging will occur the first week of April. Winners to be announced on or before April 15, 2020.
Class winners and breed champions will be judged by our official show judges.
A virtual supreme champion of all breeds will he selected by our Facebook fans.
- EVERY exhibitor will receive a encouraging packet in the mail with items from Ranch House Designs.
- Class winners receive a digital icon/ badge for their social media.
- Breed champions receive a customized vinyl barn banner.
- **Added award! Breed champions will receive a free blade sharpening for up to 5 blades from Ca-Hil Show Supply, Randy Harang, of Texas.
- Supreme champion receives a belt buckle.
- **Added premiums, there will be added class premiums for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of each class for Dexter heifers.
How Can You Help?
- RHD is covering all the show awards and all judges are donating their time. Since it is a virtual show, we should not have any expenses other than these.
- If you would like to add a premium or award to a specific breed, we welcome any offers or inquiries. Please email email@example.com.
- If you have a business and would like to submit something to the exhibitor goody packets (maybe a coupon code, or gift card or something) we welcome any collaborations for that too. Once entries are due we can get a final count on how many exhibitors are participating. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: We are only holding a breeding beef heifer show at this time because this is the area we are most familiar with. We would however be happy to partner with another entity who might be familiar with other species to help coordinate another show for swine, goats, etc. We just are not as familiar with those type shows and their typical rules so that is why we are only doing breeding heifers.