I’ve spent my life around cattle. I grew up on a seed stock operation and have experienced just about every part of the industry, from the show ring to the feedlot. While spending time around these animals I’ve learned things about myself and a lot about them. Here are a few important things I think we can learn from cattle!
1. Don’t get in a hurry, unless there’s food involved. Always be first in line for food.
2. Only follow the lead of someone you trust.
3. The first step isn’t always easy, but the reward is worth it.
4. Rolling around in new, clean bedding is fun. Sometimes you just need to jump on your bed.
7. Tell people how much you like them, even if they don’t quite feel the same way.
8. Love your babies, protect them, and devote your life to caring for them.
9. Routine is easy. But a spontaneous run down to visit the neighbors, that’s exciting.
10. Don’t get too close to a dog that you don’t know.
11. Find friends that you know you’ll always be able to lean on.
12. You can get as loud as you want to when there’s a fence between you and the other guy. But be prepared to back up your talking with some action when that gate is taken down.
13. Fix yourself up a little on important days.
14. Be productive. The only free ride in life is to the sale yard.
What do you think cattle can teach us? Share with us by leaving a comment!
IF YOU LIKED THIS ARTICLE, YOU’LL PROBABLY LIKE OUR OTHERS TOO!
Each week Ranch House Designs, Inc. publishes informative and entertaining articles about the agricultural industry. If you would like to receive a free copy, please subscribe to our free newsletter. Or, if you are a business needing assistance in web design, livestock ad design, or marketing services for farms and ranches, we would love to provide you with a free quote to assist you with your marketing needs.