Position Announcement: Accounting Assistant
LOCATION: Wharton, Texas.
HOURS: Expected 10 to 20 hours per week
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience
We are looking for a part time accounting assistant to work with approximately 6 family-owned businesses primarily to assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, bookkeeping, data analysis and financial reporting. Preference is given to candidates who can work mornings, and work out of our Wharton office. Candidates must pass a criminal background check.
- Work can be remote, but is expected during the normal business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Daily matching of retail store sales receipts from Shopify to Quickbooks
- Weekly create financial reports on profit and loss for various business entities
- Weekly, create sales reports for multiple business units
- Create budgets for projects
- Track and submit expense reports for projects
- Entering credit card expense reports
- Assist with payroll related activities for 3 businesses and 20 employees
- Calculate sales commissions bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly for multiple business units
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Excel
- Knowledge of Excel functions required for financial analysis, most frequently using sum, average, count, countif
- Accounting knowledge
- Focus on data analysis and financial reporting
- Self starter who can execute responsibilities with little to no supervision
REQUIRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Quickbooks Online
- Google Docs / Sheets (similar to Word/Excel)
- Competent in web browsers and Google
PREFERRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Preference given to applicants with B.S, or associate degree. High school diploma required.
- Preference given to candidates who can work in our Wharton, Texas office. If applying as a remote applicant, must be able to master the Basecamp software to retain employment.
- We are a fast paced, multi-tasking office that works with numerous clients and projects simultaneously.
- Most of our communication is email or text based so proficiency in both of these is required.
- Learn more about our brands here:
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.