We are seeking candidates for an administrative / personal assistant to help with day to day activities of multiple family-owned businesses. Position to begin anytime after July 7, 2022. Expected hours = 20 to 30 hours per week. This position does require a combination of “on the go” and “in the office.”
LOCATION: Wharton, Texas.
HOURS: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to noon preferred, but somewhat flexible. Must be available to work at least from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. If the applicant desires more hours they are available up to 35 hours a week.
SALARY: $12/hour or negotiable based on experience and work hours available. Gas mileage is reimbursed at the Texas state rate.
Brahman Country Beef / The Ranch Downtown Store
- Travel from Wharton to Boling 2-3 times a week to transport beef from storage to retail freezers
- Deliver beef 2-3 times a month to restaurant vendors in Wharton County
- Assemble beef orders that will be shipped
- Drive beef orders to Radio Shack for delivery (approximately 2 times a week)
- Daily check in with store to run errands / deliveries
BR Cutrer Ranch
- Travel from Wharton to Boling 3-4 times a week to prepare office for special VIP guests, keep brochures and swag in stock
- Weekly ordering of drinks and snacks for the ranch office
- Pick up dry cleaning once a week
- Daily dropping off business paperwork around Wharton (i.e. bank, insurance, etc)
- Other deliveries that may come up, furthest distance includes Boling to El Campo
Personal Assistant Duties
- Help with vehicle maintenance (oil changes, gas)
- Ordering items online and processing online order returns
- Filling out and scanning forms, contracts and documents
- Helping with organizing kids activities
- Organizing and ordering lunches or food delivery for meetings approximately 1-2 times a month
Administrative Assistant Duties
- Conduct a weekly inventory of items for sale in the office (caps, shirts)
- Go to grocery store OR do curbside / Instacart to keep kitchen / restroom / office supplies in stock
- Keep office tidy and prepare office for meetings and visitors (i.e. coffee, snacks, etc)
- Water plants outside
- Carry out trash to curb twice a week (Mon. & Thurs.)
- Keeping office equipment stocked with paper
- Understanding of confidential business matters
- Drivers license and willing to use your personal vehicle for in town errands
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Fast paced, able to solve problems and think on your feet
- Good at texting and email
- Ability to lift items, be versatile in your daily activities
- Self starter who can execute responsibilities with little to no supervision
- Time management skills – able to prioritize tasks.
- Subject to criminal background check, good driving record, and drug-screening
REQUIRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Google Docs / Sheets (similar to Word/Excel) preferred
- Mac computer
- Competent in web browsers and Google
- Some high school or high school education or higher
- We are a fast paced, multi-tasking office that works with numerous clients and projects simultaneously.
- Most of our communication is email or text based so proficiency in both of these is required.
To apply, stop in the RHD office at 1730 North Richmond Rd., Wharton, Texas Monday to Thursdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Or, you can email email@example.com.