We are seeking candidates for an administrative / personal assistant to help with day to day activities of four family-owned businesses. Position to begin anytime after June 1. Expected hours = 20 hours per week
LOCATION: Wharton, Texas.
HOURS: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to noon preferred, but somewhat flexible. Must be available to work at least 2 hours in the morning.
SALARY: $12/hour or negotiable based on experience.
Brahman Country Beef
- Travel from Wharton to Boling 2-3 times a week to transport beef from storage to retail freezers
- Deliver beef 2-3 times a month to restaurant vendors in Wharton County
- Help prepare for Farmers Markets (making letter boards, loading bags, etc)
- Assemble beef orders that will be shipped
- Drive beef orders to Radio Shack for delivery (approximately 2 times a week)
BR Cutrer Ranch
- Travel from Wharton to Boling 1-2 times a week to prepare office for special VIP guests, keep brochures and swag in stock
- Weekly Instacart ordering of drinks and snacks for the ranch office
Errand Running (Requires driving and your personal gas)
- Pick up dry cleaning once a week
- Dropping off business paperwork around Wharton (i.e. bank, insurance, etc)
- Other deliveries that may come up, furthest distance includes Boling to El Campo
Personal Assistant Duties
- Help with vehicle maintenance (oil changes, gas)
- Ordering items online and processing online order returns
- Filling out and scanning forms, contracts and documents
- Helping with organizing kids activities
- Organizing and ordering lunches or food delivery for meetings approximately 1-2 times a month
Administrative Assistant Duties
- Conduct a weekly inventory of items for sale in the office (caps, shirts)
- Go to grocery store OR do curbside / Instacart to keep kitchen / restroom / office supplies in stock
- Keep office tidy and prepare office for meetings and visitors (i.e. coffee, snacks, etc)
- Water plants outside
- Carry out trash to curb twice a week (Mon. & Thurs.)
- Filing paperwork
- Keeping office equipment stocked with paper
- Managing schedules
- Listening in on meetings to take notes and develop project outlines and needs
- Booking hotel reservations and plane tickets
- Drivers license and willing to use your personal vehicle for in town errands
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced, able to solve problems and think on your feet
- Good at texting and email
- Ability to lift items, be versatile in your daily activities
- Self starter who can execute responsibilities with little to no supervision
- Time management skills – able to prioritize tasks.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Google Docs / Sheets (similar to Word/Excel)
- Mac computer
- Competent in web browsers and Google
- Some high school or high school education or higher
- We are a fast paced, multi-tasking office that works with numerous clients and projects simultaneously.
- Most of our communication is email or text based so proficiency in both of these is required.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.