Presented by Ranch House Designs BRC Ranch
America’s Beef Leaders of Excellence (ABLE) is a prestigious and transformative year-long mentorship and leadership program tailored for young beef cattle enthusiasts of all breeds, between the ages of 14 and 21. Designed to cultivate leadership skills, enhance industry expertise, and foster personal growth, ABLE offers an unparalleled opportunity for participants to excel in the world of purebred seedstock beef cattle.
ABLE’s innovative structure revolves around individualized mentorship in four key areas: marketing seedstock cattle, breeding strategies, cattle judging, and farm to table beef. Each participant will be thoughtfully matched with an experienced and accomplished mentor who will guide and support them throughout their journey.
Program Requirements / Who Can Apply:
Approximately 15 young people from around the world will be selected to be part of the 2023-2024 ABLE group cohort.
- Must be between the ages of 14 to 21
- Must have access to an Internet connection and Zoom for some curriculum requirements
- Must be fluent in the English language
Mentorship and Leadership Development:
The cornerstone of ABLE is its comprehensive mentorship program, wherein students will be paired with mentors based on their specific interests and goals within the purebred beef industry. Whether participants are passionate about marketing strategies, breeding techniques, international business, cattle judging, or the intricacies of direct to consumer beef, their mentor will be an expert in that particular field. Through regular one-on-one interactions, mentees will gain invaluable insights, personalized advice, and industry wisdom.
The ABLE program encompasses a diverse curriculum that spans a broad range of essential topics, combining virtual meetings, on-site workshops, travel opportunities and hands-on learning experiences. Participants will engage in interactive group sessions, webinars, and industry-specific seminars to enhance their knowledge and skills.
1. Virtual Meetings: The ABLE program will include 5 virtual meetings and will create a platform for participants to connect with their mentors and fellow mentees. These sessions will include discussions on industry trends, best practices, leadership development, and challenges faced by young beef industry enthusiasts.
2. On-site Workshops: Throughout the year, ABLE will organize on-site workshops in various locations to provide hands-on training and practical exposure to different aspects of the beef industry. These workshops will include cattle handling, breeding techniques, marketing strategies, and judging simulations.
3. Leadership Training: ABLE understands the significance of nurturing leadership qualities in young individuals. Leadership development sessions will focus on communication skills, teamwork, problem-solving, and decision-making, empowering participants to become effective leaders within their communities and the beef industry.
2023-2024 ABLE Calendar of Events:
- August 15, 2023 – Applications due
- September – Recipients selected, matched with mentors, kickoff group zoom call
- October – Invitation to attend BRC Brahman Days workshop & weekend in Wharton County*
- November – In-person function in conjunction with the National Brahman Show*
- December – 2-day on-site event in Wharton County at BRC Ranch*
- January – Group zoom meeting
- February – Group zoom meeting, and Houston Livestock Show*
- March – Group zoom meeting
- April – Group zoom meeting
- May – In person wrap up event over Memorial Day weekend*
*The in-person activities are highly encouraged but optional. Many of these activities will utilize Brahman cattle especially in our hands-on settings.
Benefits of Joining ABLE:
– Personalized Mentorship: Participants will receive personalized guidance and expertise from seasoned professionals in their chosen fields, accelerating their personal and professional growth. Mentors include Brandon Cutrer, Rachel Cutrer, and Keaton Dodd.
– Skill Enhancement: Through comprehensive workshops and training, participants will refine their skills and gain hands-on experience in various aspects of the beef industry from pasture to plate.
– Networking Opportunities: ABLE offers an exclusive networking platform, connecting students with industry experts, successful seedstock cattle breeders, and influential leaders, opening doors to exciting future prospects.
– Lifelong Bonds: ABLE fosters a supportive and encouraging community, allowing participants to form lasting friendships and connections with like-minded seedstock enthusiasts of their age cohort group.
America’s Beef Leaders of Excellence (ABLE) is not just a mentorship program; it is a transformative journey that equips young cattle enthusiasts with the skills, knowledge, and leadership qualities required to excel in the purebred cattle industry. Through the mentorship of accomplished professionals, hands-on workshops, and leadership development sessions, participants will emerge as confident and capable leaders, ready to make a significant impact in the world of purebred cattle.
If you or your company would like to sponsor a student (or multiple students) in the ABLE program for 2023-2024, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost of 1 student sponsorship is $500. Sponsors will be listed in program materials throughout the year.